Friday, October 13, 2006

College Football picks week 7

Well another Saturday and we know what that means. Yep, that's right, its time for College Football. Just as a recap, last week I went 8 and 2 which brought my season picks to 48 and 12. My picks this week in the College Pickem at ESPN are as follows:

Away TeamConfidenceHome teamPick
Syracuse7
West Virginia
West Virginia
Rutgers
3
Navy
Rutgers
Missouri
2
Texas A & M
Missouri
Ohio St.
10
Michigan State
Ohio State
Cincinnati
6
Louisville
Louisville
UCLA
4
Oregon
Oregon
Maryland
5
Virginia
Maryland
Arizona St.
9
USC
USC
Michigan
8
Penn State
Michigan
Florida
1
Auburn
Auburn


Unlike last week where I thought any of the 1 - 8 matchups could win, this week I think that any team that I rated over 4 are pretty safe.

The most intriguing matchup this week (for me at least) is the Florida vs Auburn game. #3 Florida is 6 and 0 and last week the 5 and 1 Tigers of Auburn were embarrassed at home by Arkansas (yea boy). I look for a big rebound from the defense and expect Auburn to squeak out a win at home. Still, if Florida wins this game and then runs the table the rest of the year, they will be one of the two teams in the BCS championship game.

The Missouri vs Texas A & M game is also interesting. I can remember (hey I grew up in Big 8 country) when Missouri was a very good football team. They were always competitive and used to give Oklahoma and Nebraska fits every year. Its good too see them having a good year, but I still aren't sold on them being a top 25 team, thus the 2 confidence level.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my backs take on that fierce team from SE Missouri. They better win this game by 20 or they can kiss that 17 ranking good bye.

No comments: