Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 Jan 1 Bowl Games

While we wait patiently for the game of the day (hint it stars a RB by the name of McFadden) , figured that I would give you my picks of today's bowls.

First in the Outback I have Tennessee whipping Penn State. SEC vs Big 10, I'll go with the stronger conference.

Cotton bowl we have Auburn vs Nebraska, and while Nebraska has improved over the last 2 years I think that Auburn is the much better team. The only worry is that Auburn tends to lose these types of games. Still, Auburn beats Nebraska.

Gator bowl has West Virginia vs Georgia Tech. Tech has improved but get real, the ACC has become an embarrassment when it comes to football. West Virginia continues to make the Big East look good by running over the rambling wreck.

Arkansas vs Wisconsin in the Capitol one bowl (didn't this use to be the tangerine bowl?) - toss up but my heart says go hogs and whips the badgers proving that the Big Ten is really a two team conference.

Rose bowl - USC goes out and whips Michigan.

Boise State crashed the BSC series this year by getting an invite to the Fiesta bowl and that is good for them, but OU wants to prove that if not for a ridiculous call at the end of the Oregon game they would be playing Ohio State. I hope it is close but I expect OU to win.

No comments: