Friday, February 02, 2007

3 weeks

Q: Where you been you sluggard?

A: Well, being the complete nerd that I am, I decided to break out the old playstation and update the teams to see how 2007 might look from a gaming stand point. So, far the results have been mixed but after countless games I show the Sox winning as few as 82 games (Varitek and Lowell out for over 1/2 of the season) to as many as 103 games (no significant injuries).

Q: So what do you think of the Schilling situation?
A: This is a no brainer and as I stated on Seths blog, at the forum and other venues just give him the money. I don't think that Curt will have any problem with injury clauses and if you can give a mutual option to Timmy then you can certainly give one to Curt and yes I still remember the bloody sock.
Q: Are you happy to see the Colts in the Super Bowl?
A: Not sure if you noticed but I didn't make picks (on the blog anyway) on the conference championship games (though I thought the snow would do in the Saints, see Tampa Bay - history) and figured the Patriots - Colts game would be a toss up. If the Cowboys aren't in it I usually root for players and I like Peyton and I really don't want to see another Marino like career for any QB. What I don't understand is those Pats fans who are rooting against the Colts. It seems to me like you would want the Colts to win so that you could say, see if we had just beaten them we would be celebrating our 4th championship.


Thats all for now. Will continue to run sims and will let you know when we are done.

No comments: