Saturday, March 25, 2006

Atlanta and Oakland regional finals

As James Carville would say, "I ain't got no dogs in these fights." Truth is, since both of my final four teams have long been eliminated from this side of the bracket the only reason I will even try to watch these games today are due to the sickness. March madness sickness, and actually I think you should see some real good games today.

The LSU vs Texas matchup should be close and compelling. Once again it will be up to big baby aka little shaq to help control the tempo and the boards. My head says that Texas should win this matchup due to the guards of Texas, however, the SEC in me says that LSU is the more tested team. I also still think that this is the type of game that Rick Barnes' s teams usually underperform. Look for LSU to pull away in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Memphis has shown that they are a better team than I thought they were coming into the tournament. They appear to be a close knit team that has no fear. UCLA has the defense to give the wildcats trouble throughout this game, and the fact that Memphis beat UCLA earlier in the year also weighs against Memphis. Don't forget, Oakland is in California and is only a few hours away, so a home crowd should also play a factor in this game. UCLA should win this game, but my heart is with Memphis (outside of the ACC, UCLA is probably the team I dislike the most). Go Wildcats.

No comments: