Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bracket busting day

Insert exploding bracket here. So, I am looking over my picks and the second day has just killed me. 10-6 on the first day, 8-8 on the second day with multiple teams that I had picked blowing up my bracket .

The Kansas loss to Bradley really torched the sheet since I had them as a final 4 team. Hey, Billy Packer, still think that the MVC shouldn't have gotten 4 picks.

Iowa losing on that last second 3 to NW state also hurt since I had them going to the Great 8. Every year it seems like one of my great 8's lose on a last second shot.

Michigan St. also did their part by losing to George Mason. A normally solid tournament team that seemed to lose their bearings at the end of the game. They kept on trying to sink 3 point shots when going for the 2 points would have been a better play, especially since George Mason kept on missing their free throws. Another Great 8 bit the dust.

So here I am looking at all of my teams having to be perfect from now on just to get the following results:

Sweet 16 - 12 out of 16
Great 8 - 5 out of 8
Final 4 - 3 out of 4
Final 2 - 2 out of 2

Chances of this actually happening - well, lets just say that I won't be making any Visa commercials about something being priceless.

No comments: