Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sweet sixteen day 2 or the day UCONN lucked out again

So, the second day of the sweet sixteen round ends up with George Mason winning on their home court (sort of), UCONN winning in overtime (whew), Florida beating a game Georgetown and Villanova winning in overtime. Only watched the first half of the Villanova game as I had to catch up on some sleep and wanted to watch the UCONN game. What can I tell you, the tournament has been good with a lot of close games and friday night was just like the rest of the tourney.

I also took a look again at my sheet of intergrity. I ended up with 8 of the 16 teams in the sweet sixteen, and now I have 4 of the 8 left in the great 8 ( thanks Duke and way to blow it Gonzaga). Of course in order to now have 2 of the final 4 and 1 in the championship game I need both UCONN and Nova to win on Sunday and for UCONN to win their semi. Somehow, the way this tournament has gone, I just don't see that happening.

Still, good games mean lots of excitement. So heres to 7 more games being good.

No comments: