Saturday, September 16, 2006

College Picks

UPDATED: ********************************
My worst week yet, but I actually moved up in to the upper 3rd of the game. Went 6 and 4 yesterday with the Clemson and Florida wins being my big shockers. Of course Florida had to come from 10 down to win by one, and Clemson scored a TD with 8 seconds left in the game. Oh, well, that is the way it goes.

****************************************

Have been playing College pickem at ESPN.Com fantasy. So far I have gone 16 and 4 in my picks. So I feel like I have done a pretty decent job, until I realized that 39 percent of the people playing have done a better job. Oh, well, what can I say, just have to put the nose to the grindstone and do hours of research (right!!!), and pick better. So, here are my picks for this week:

Away TeamConfidenceHome teamPick
Brigham Young4Boston College
Boston College
Iowa State
2
IowaIowa
Michigan
3
Notre DameMichigan
LSU
1
AuburnLSU
Miami (fl)
5
LouisvilleMiami
Oklahoma
6
Oregon
Oregon
Texas Tech
7
Texas ChristianTCU
Clemson10
Florida State
FSU
Nebraska
9
USCUSC
Florida
8
TennesseeTennessee


Really the surprise picks would be #13 Michigan over ND, #7 LSU over #4 Auburn, #15 Miami over #12 Louisville, #18 Oregon over #11 Oklahoma, and #17 Tennessee over # 6 Florida.

Notre Dame hasn't impressed yet this year and this rivalry tends to go in streaks. Right now Notre Dame has the winning streak (3 of last 4) but I look for that to end today. However, would not be surprised if touchdown jesus helped the home team, thus my low confidence of 3 out of 10.

LSU's quarterback is 16 and 2 as a starter. He also appears to be one of those kids who lives his life right. After reading the story about him in USA Today this week LSU has became my feel good root team (except for the day after Thanksgiving) for the rest of the year.

I expect Corker beat his players senseless this week preparing for this game. Middle of the road game since my confidence is 5 out of 10. Louisville has a good offense but I really think that Miami has the better players and the better team.

Oregon over Oklahoma in my view is not an upset. I really think that Oklahoma is rated way to high and Oregon could easily be a top 10 team by the end of the year.

Tennessee is playing at home, barely won last week against Air Force and Fulmer probably brought out the ice picks, the cattle prods and every other torture device available in the Volunteer state. Florida has not impressed me yet and I think we will soon see another fire coach website sprouting soon.

No comments: