Saturday, September 30, 2006

College Football picks week 5

Well another Saturday and we know what that means. Yep, that's right, its time for College Football. Just as a recap, last week I went 10 and 0 which brought my season picks to 32 and 8. My picks this week in the College Pickem at ESPN are as follows:

Away TeamConfidenceHome teamPick
Navy1
Connecticut
UCONN
Bowling Green
2
OhioBG
Purdue
6
Notre DameND
Boise St.
5
UtahUtah
Alabama
8
Florida
Florida
Oregon
4
Arizona St.
Oregon
Northwestern
7
Penn StatePenn St.
Georgia9
Mississippi
Georgia
Washington
3
ArizonaWashington
Ohio St.
10
IowaOhio St.

Really no surprises here unless you want to say that #22 Boise State being beat by Utah is a surprise. This was really a tough choice for me, but I feel like Utah has the advantage by being at home.

Another tough game to pick was the Navy - Uconn game. As you can see from my email address being an ex swabbie I almost always root for the goats, but I live in Connecticut. In this case the home town team wins.

Possible blow out of the week, Florida over Alabama. I watched the entire Bama Arkansas game last week (and yes I had my hog hat on) and I really think that the loss in double overtime of a game that everybody who follows College Football knows they should have won will just devastate the Bama team. Plus I have no faith in the coaching abilities of Shula.

No comments: