Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Misc. Post on 1/16/2008

Ok, so I have been in a funk.

I get that way when my Cowboys decide to lose a game at home in the play offs. Needless to say my predictions for the Sunday NFL games was, well way off. I still haven't really figured out how the Chargers beat the Colts with LT basically not providing anything and after Rivers went out of the game I thought they were absolutely toast. Norv Turner (who I of course liked until he went to Washington) has done a tremendous job with the Chargers this year. No way they beat the Patriots on this coming Sunday though, absolutely, positively no way.

As for the Cowboy game, give me a fragging break. I knew the team was in trouble when they allowed the Giants to score just before half time to tie the game at 14 all. What a fragging waste of a season (I knew I should have listened to my head). Oh well, that pretty much kills the football watching until next fall. Will have to see if I really have the time (ok, I will probably make the time) to watch games that I have no rooting interests in either team.

Hmm, I would get all indignant or up in arms about the Celtics losing back-to-back games to the Wizards, but I really can't get that upset about those games. I think that both games did show that Mr. Danny Ainge will need to get a quality back up point guard before the trading deadline. I think that if Rajon Rondo had been 80 to 100% healthy the C's would not have lost both of those fourth quarter leads. The problem is I don't see a lot of room in the salary cap scenarios for the Celtics to get a quality back up point guard.

Speaking of the Celtics they have a game tonight against a blistering hot Trail Blazer team which has gone 18-2 in their last twenty games. No Rajon, probably again tonight though as the back and a hamstring are causing the Celtics to put him at 50-50 status. If I'm Mr. Doc Rivers I think I would start House, but he probably goes with Allen. Will have to see. The Boston Herald preview for tonight’s game is here.


Well, with football winding down it is time to start looking at the College Basketball schedules. So far the Arkansas Razorbacks have done pretty well. Currently they have a 13-3 record with their last win being an overtime thriller against Alabama at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. That makes them 2-0 in the SEC and I really think that they need to be either 1st or 2nd in the SEC west if they want to guarantee a March Madness appearance. They also have a game tonight against South Carolina.

I really don't know much about the Gamecocks except that they are only 8-8 overall with an 0-2 record in the SEC. This is the SEC though, so every game is usually competitive. Will be following this game on the olde ESPN.com game tracker for sure tonight. Sure would be nice if the Pigs were able to start their SEC season off with a 3-0 record.


Enough for now, just remember - ♊ - all else fails get a bigger hammer.

oh one more thing - a pic of the dog:





No comments: