Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Drew and Lugo

Have been busy for a couple of days, but have been getting a lot of enjoyment of hearing the Weei boys bust their guts screaming about the Drew and Lugo signings. Ordway (fat b******) and Callahan have been the two biggest screamers (what else is new eh - ed). Of course it wouldn't be me if I didn't go and look at some numbers as usual. So of course I went to Baseball Musings and pulled up their line up analysis database. Some interesting things here:

Lugo SS
Youkilis 1b
Ortiz DH
Ramirez LF
Drew RF
Lowell 3b
Varitek C
Pedroia 2b
Crisp CF

This line up is projected to score 5.601 runs per game. That is a pretty good output for a team and would lead to 907 runs per game. I would take that from my offense any day of the week.

For comparison purposes, Massarotti has his starters up at the Herald. I looked at projections for his but they come in on the low side at 5.4 runs per game.

No comments: