Sunday, June 10, 2007

Red Sox 07 Game 62 Recap

Final
Press Pass l Box l Wrap

Team123456789RHE
Boston000100000163
Arizona00010103X571

W: R. Johnson (4-2, 3.52); L: D. Matsuzaka (7-5, 4.52)
HR: None.

► Hero - Randy Johnson - 1 run in six innings
► Goat - Timlin - making a close game a blow out


Game thoughts

Question for the 2007 Red Sox; "Do you want to win the American League East?" Because if you don't just let me know so that I can put my time to better use. Since winning 2 of 3 against the Braves this team is 10 and 9. Today was also the third time in the last six games that the Sox have scored three runs or less. This is not a recipe for happiness.

As for todays game, once again Daisuke pitched well enough to win only to have his offense let him down. Of course three errors did not help either. Just disgusted with this game, actually I am disgusted with the whole team. Last six games against the Yankees 2 and 4. Last 20 games they are 11 and 9. Do we see a pattern here?

Right now I feel like I did before the Sox hosted the Yankees in August of last year. It is obvious to me that this team does not have the killer instinct. Meanwhile the spankees just keep on rolling over the Pirates. Did someone say footsteps?

No comments: