Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NFL 2008 Week 13 Thursday Games - Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. Go Cowboys!!! Say a prayer for those in uniform and give thanks for living in the shining city on the hill nation of nations. Now here are My Thanksgiving Football picks!

Remember - these picks are only for entertainment purposes and you bet on these picks at your own peril. I am not responsible for you following my stupidity. Now let us look at the picks for Thanksgiving in this week thirteen of the 2008 season.

Week 13 Thursday Games
FavoriteSpread.UnderdogPickMadden 09
Tennessee -11.5Detroit TennesseeTen - 20-16
Dallas-12.5 Seattle SeattleDal - 24-17
Philadelphia -2.5 Arizona PhiladelphiaPhi - 27-17


(definitions ATS - against the spread, APG - Average Points per Game

♊ - Tennessee at Detroit (-11.5) - Tennessee is 4-1 ATS on the road this year and is giving up only 11 points per game. Detroit is 0-5 ATS at home this year. Ride the hot horse, so lets pick Tennessee.

♊ - Seattle at Dallas (12.5) - Dallas is only 2-3 ATS at home, and Seattle is 3-2 on the road. That 12.5 spread just bothers me as I saw this as an 8 point win. Of course I haven't done well on the Cowboys games all year so I'm probably wrong again (and if I am, I'll take it). Going with Seattle

♊ - Arizona at Philadelphia (2.5) - Philadelphia is a mess, a QB controversy, a team that is up one week and down the next. It is just hard to figure out the Eagles. It comes down to this, the Cards are a better team but the West Coast Teams are 0-15 this year in the eastern time zone. So, even though Arizona is 4-2 on the road ATS I'm picking the Eagles.

♊ - Well, let's hope we get some funny hats too.

No comments: