Thursday, July 19, 2007

Red Sox 07 Game 94

Final

Box Score l Play-By-Play l Recap
Team123456789RHE
Royals 000240000690
Boston0004100005101

W: Perez (5-8) L: Tavarez (5-8)
HR Bos: M. Ramirez (14)

► Hero - Billy Butler - the go ahead run came on his double in the 5th
► Goat - Tavarez - "I think I changed my game plan" in the fourth, Tavarez said. "I wasn't attacking the hitter like I was doing earlier."

Game thoughts

Even though Tavarez had struggled in his last four starts, I really felt good about this game after the Sox went ahead 4 to 2 in the bottom of the fourth. Especially since it had came after a two run inning for the Royals. Alas it just was not meant to be as the Royals sent seven men to the plate in the top of the fifth.

Where is the fire in the belly? Except for Pedroia and Youkilis I really did not see anybody playing with salt and vinegar in their steps. Where is the fire?

Want to know why they are less than .500 in 1 run games start with this fact:

►Runs scored on 5/13 in 9th - 6 runs.
►Including tonight Runs Scored in 9th inning - 26 runs.

Runs scored in the fifth inning by the opposing team - 72. That is almost 1/5th of all the runs scored by opposing teams.

Since 2002 the Sox are 24 and 18 against the Royals. Six games above 500 against a team with an abysmal record for the last 15 years. Un-Freaking-Believable.

Chow!

No comments: