Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Probable runs per game

Well I visited the probable line up runs produced page over at basball musings again today since it looks like a year without Manny next year. The line up I used was the following:

  1. Lugo SS
  2. Pedroia 2b
  3. Ortiz DH
  4. Youkilis 1b
  5. Pena CF
  6. Drew RF
  7. Lowell 3b
  8. Varitek C
  9. Crisp LF

Surprisingly the average only dropped from 5.8 to a 5.0 run per game. 5 runs per game would be 810 runs per year. That would be middle of the pack last year but only 10 below last years output for this team. I will have to think about this, but I truly believe that the loss of Manny would be one of those classic additions by subtraction situations.

I think I could like this team next year if they are able to solve the bullpen and sign D-K.

No comments: